The mission of the Center for Bioethics & Health Law is to advance health, well-being, and ethical healthcare. We pursue our mission by:
- providing excellent education in bioethics, health humanities, and health law at multiple levels across multiple schools, programs, and professions;
- conducting high-quality research and scholarship that contribute knowledge and insight to the fields of bioethics and health sciences, law, and humanities; and
- participating in policy development at the University and UPMC, and in broader communities locally, nationally, and internationally.
The Center and its members seek to create an environment that is:
- intellectually stimulating and rigorous,
- welcoming and respectful of diverse perspectives,
- nurturing of collaborations and of individuals’ projects and potential, and
- compassionate and just.