Prospective students ready to apply to the Master of Bioethics Program must do so online using Apply Online.
The following materials must be submitted as part of the application:
- Online application form
- $50 application fee. The fee can be paid by credit card through ApplyYourself or by check or money order payable to the 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Digital scans of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Official transcripts are not required during the application process. Applicants who are accepted will be required to submit certified transcripts when they accept the offer of admission and matriculate.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of reasons for entering the program and goals for study within it
- A writiing sample, preferably on a topic in bioethics, ethics, philosophy, or some other field of the humanities
- GRE scores (LSAT scores may be substituted by applicants to the joint Law/Bioethics Program; MCAT scores may be substituted by applicants to the joint Medicine/Bioethics Program.)
Applicants to joint programs must complete applications to both the Bioethics Program and the School of Law or Medicine and must observe the application deadlines for each program of study.
Online applications for admission to the Bioethics Program in the fall must be submitted no later than March 31st. If you would like to be considered after the online submission deadline, please send your information to the Director of Admissions at the address below.
To request additional information or to submitting application materials by mail, please send them to:
Director of Admissions
Master Degree in Bioethics
Center for Bioethics and Health Law
Barco Law Building, Room 519
3900 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260